Sunday 15 March 2009

Internet marketing – What will be the content next time ?

Going through some of the comments in the blogs I could experience a range of emotions from a tinge sadness to maybe its getting over!. The last 10 weeks have been an interesting journey for me. This is the only marketing elective I chose and in hindsight it was a wise decision thanks to my friend Srijib. I have learnt about the range of tools, mediums and strategies one can use on the net. Also surprising is the speed of evolution. We read about it daily but only when one studies it in depth does one feel the impact. It also gives another frame of thinking and one more platform for a marketer. Maybe one lecture in the core marketing subject should be devoted to Internet marketing? However my biggest learning is the need to be in touch of the developments on a continuous basis especially if this is not related to your core job. I don’t think browsing the newspaper is enough. Any ideas how this could be done? Maybe we should refer to each year's class slides for an update. I don’t think any other academic course will have to change its content so frequently.